Terms Of Use

Monday, July 21, 2008

A Day Of Flowers And Sand At Caribou Beach

I consider myself very fortunate to live in such a beautiful place. After a day of dabbing pollen in the garden, we were off to one of the local beaches~ Caribou Beach, a 15 minute drive from home.


Coming upon the beach is a spectacular sight.caribou beach
caribou beach
caribou beach
Large wild rose bushes grow profusely near the beach.
wild rose
wild rose
The sand is so interesting.I wonder who walked this way.footprint
Seaweed and hermit crabs add additional interest.

And what's a day at the beach without burying your toes in the sand?
A young seagull.
Young seagull checking out the sandcastle:).
When we got home I felt compelled to snap a few more photos in the garden.



astilbe
Can't beat the maritimes:).

7 comments:

Connie said...

What a lovely outing! Enjoyed viewing the photos. Is that tall. purple, bell shaped flower Ladybells?

chey said...

Thanks Nancy:).

Connie~ I believe that you're right. They are all over my garden~ came in on the wind:). They are very pretty, but a little invasive.

Mother Nature said...

Now you have me dreaming of the sand and sea.

Jane O' said...

Aaah, I can smell the fresh air coming off the water. I love the sound of seagulls and waves. You are truly lucky to live there.

Anonymous said...

such gorgeous pictures!

arlene,
East Bremerton florist

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

No, you can't beat the seaside, can you? There is something about the sea that I love too. Hubby and I just went for a walk at the marina about an hour ago. Isn't it the best?

Cindy

Phillip Oliver said...

Beautiful location - you are lucky indeed!