Terms Of Use

Friday, July 18, 2008

Itsy Bitsy Spiders

Little garden spiders are everywhere you look. Luckily I do not have a spider phobia, and can appreciate their little webs, which can be so beautiful. I have been walking through a few however unintentionally as I go about my gardening activities.
This little fellow situated himself right in front of a daylily. Smart little guy:).We watched as a rather large bug zoomed right through his web, leaving a large hole.
Even the older broken webs are interesting to observe sparkling in the light.

5 comments:

Mother Nature said...

I always think of them as utilitarian works of art.
Donna

Shibaguyz said...

we have a bunch of these little boogers working in our garden right now. Pretty much everywhere we turn there is another web with a little one perched in the middle.

Last year three of them survived the entire season and ended up looking like little Halloween decorations in the garden. They were quite the sight!

Amy said...

Love these photos. Funny thing, spiders don't bother me in the garden and I find them fascinating. In the house, the fear kicks in.

Anonymous said...

I love spiders webs particularly in the Autumn - in the early morning
Nice pictures
Regards
Karen

Anonymous said...

I like spiders IN the garden too. You've caught some nice photos of their webs.